Tuesday 29 April 2014

100 Days of Pregnancy: Day 61

I'm in awe at how far we have come since our days at the fertility clinic. I remember being terrified to graduate from the clinic. The fertility clinic was familiar, but in all honesty, it's a place I didn't want to be. I dreaded the early mornings where I would have to wait for bloodwork and ultrasound. I dreaded everything about the whole IVF process that when it was time to start my monitoring for our FET, I almost didn't go. I almost said "let's wait." I think this had a lot to do with what happened after our fresh embryo transfer. That was physically and mentally exhausting and I didn't know if I could do that again. But as always, God pushed me through it, He led the way and assured me I wasn't alone. And He gave me the peace I needed on the day of the FET. I'm still unable to describe that peace but I believe it's because it came directly from God and it's something you can't describe unless it's experienced.

I can't believe that I am saying we are due in less than 9 weeks!! In exactly 2 months from today is our baby's due date. I never thought I would be able to enjoy this pregnancy, that I would constantly worry, and that I would constantly live in fear for the entire 9 months. But I am enjoying this pregnancy...I don't worry like I used too. Of course I still worry about this little guy, he's my baby and I already want what's best for him, but I have faith that God is protecting this pregnancy, His precious child, and that we will be blessed with a healthy baby.

I won't take a moment of this pregnancy for granted. Yes, I point out that I have heartburn or it feels like my stoma is being ripped from my body my side is sore, but I'm not doing it at all to complain, I'm doing it because I'm so excited to have this! It means I'm pregnant...that something amazing is going on inside of my body and this is how my body is coping. I think my hubby and mom hear the most about it. I also point out every little thing that this little guy does. Like how he likes to kick me in the mornings or suck his thumb during an ultrasound. I may never get to have an experience like this again so I want to remember everything and share everything with our family and close friends. I know they were all worried about us when we were trying and now they are just as excited as we are to meet this little guy.

How far along? 31 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain? 27 lbs

Maternity clothes? Yes

Stretch marks? Not yet...

Sleep: I sleep well once I'm able to fall asleep...I'm having a bit of trouble with that lately

Best moments this week: Seeing this little guy suck his thumb on the ultrasound...what a cutie!!

Miss anything? Being able to shave comfortably...it is getting harder each time. 

Food cravings/aversions: I'm really enjoying fruits. I still have quite a few food aversions, but nothing in particular...I pretty much only want to eat a few things, so it makes grocery shopping difficult and coming up with ideas for dinner hard as well.

Showing? Yes

Gender: It's a BOY!!!!! I finally got to see for myself yesterday during my quick ultrasound that he is indeed a boy. To quote the resident "there's no doubt he's a boy!"

Labour signs: No

Symptoms: Heartburn, sciatic nerve pain occasionally (it was so bad one night that I couldn't walk and I just stood there while my hubby was trying to figure out what to do with me and all I could do was laugh because it was either laugh or cry), cramps in my calves each night (if I'm lucky, which most nights I am, I feel them before they get too intense and can stop them).

Belly button in or out? It's becoming more flat each week.

Wedding ring on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time? I've been pretty sensitive lately.

Looking forward to: The beginning of May so I can start saying we are due next month!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment