Friday 18 September 2015

Let It Go



Last month was the first month in years when I was okay when my period showed up. The first time in years! It just goes to show the strong hold that infertility has on me. It seems that every month, I cannot help myself, I get so hopeful that maybe, just maybe I am pregnant. I know better, I know that I cannot physically get pregnant without the help of IVF. But my heart holds onto the hope that maybe, just maybe God will change this all.

I know my prayers do not go unanswered. I know God is telling me to be patient. I know God is with me every step of the way guiding me through this, but sometimes I cry out in prayer, praying for it to be easy. I know God feels my fear and worry and I know how it upsets Him. I know there is a lesson to be learned in everything and I have a pretty strong feeling that my lesson is to just let go, to leave it all in God’s hands, in God’s timing. At this moment in my life though, I am really struggling. I’m struggling to let go of that control and to say “here you go God, take this, take it all. I don’t want it, I can’t carry this weight. Take it from me!” God wants to carry this burden for me, so why am I not letting go?




 

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to do this because we want to be in control but reality is we really aren't in control of any of it ya know? You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete