Wednesday 14 February 2018

18 Week Update

So, I completely missed my 17 week update, but in all fairness, I was so sick. And I'm still sick. I've been put on antibiotics and they seemed to have help with my sore throat and the congestion in my lungs. I seemed to have had it all though: sore throat, fever, aches and pains, cough, extreme congestion (so bad the Neti Pot couldn't even drain properly). I lived in bed for a week. I'm out and about again but I still have a cough and my voice is finally starting to come back.

Some fun facts, I think with all the rest I have had, I have been able to feel baby a bit more. It's still not all the time, but I love feeling it when I can. And this morning, I felt a couple of kicks from the outside so I told hubby to rest his hand on my belly, but sure enough, baby stopped. This kid is already playing games.

How far along? 18 weeks + 1 day

Total weight gain: 12 lbs. I'm hoping this number stays this way for a bit. I really don't want to go over 20 lbs, 25 max!

Maternity clothes: For sure!

Stretch marks: So far, just the one that got worse around my ostomy.

Sleep: Sleeping has gotten better now that I'm on the mend from the bug I caught.

Miss anything? Today, I am missing steak. Hubby normally cooks me an amazing steak dinner for Valentine's Day, but we will have to hold off on that until the baby comes.

Food cravings/aversions: The smell of chicken almost had me tossing my cookies on the weekend. Oh my goodness, I could not stand it! Food cravings seem to come and go and they normally come after I see something (Pinterest has not been helpful with this).

Showing: Yes. I think it's pretty obvious now but some people may still wonder if I've just packed on the pounds.

Gender: We are team green...waiting for the surprise!

Labour signs: No, and I hope not for a while!!

Symptoms: Growing bump and large breasts.

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding ring on or off? On!

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy.

Looking forward to: Giving the boys their Valentines tonight. It's just a small little surprise that has Kinder eggs in it, but they will be thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment